For more information contact NAC Manager Kevin Brown
267-777-5820 or KevinB@pec-cares.org
- Keith Bell – Mill Creek Keith has lived in the area his entire life and wants to work with the NAS to continue his work helping the community. He has served as a volunteer in various capacities for the past 20 years. Keith is a co-founder of the Men of Mill Creek organization and runs the Mill Creek Summer Basketball League, located at 48th & Brown, where he is known as “Coach Bibby.” He is particularly interested in education, youth, and sports programs.
- Lamont Twyne - Mantua Helping provide community input was Lamont’s main reason for running for the NAS. He has been volunteering in his community for the past 33 years, since he was 18, helping with everything from resume and cover letter writing to job training. Lamont is currently a Committeeman for the 24th Ward.
- Pamela Wells -- Saunders Park Pamela ran for the NAS to help support her community, to get proper and complete leadership training, to get information and resources to benefit her neighbors who can’t get to all the meetings that happen. She is currently a member and treasurer of the Sloan Street Community Garden.
- Neva White – Saunders Park Neva wanted to join the NAS because she sees that her community is experiencing a tremendous amount of change and believes that it’s important to have individuals who live in the community to have a voice. She has previously served as a board member of the Maternity Care Coalition. Neva is a nurse practitioner whose interests include gardening and exploring the many restaurants the community has to offer.
- Rose Bryant – Mill Creek I've been president of tenant council for over 15 years I am very passionate about my neighborhood and children that's why I run a nonprofit organization called Rose's Club House. My interest are fighting for people’s rights. And, President of the tenants council within the Philadelphia Housing Authority.
- Hyden Terrell – Belmont I am affiliated with my Temple Carolyn B Irvin #123. One of our objectives is to do Charity work. I have organized, participated or supported events such as coat drives, Easter Eggs hunts, school supply drives. Senior luncheons, flea markets and more. I am the Block Captain for the 4200 block of Ogden
- Brenda Bailey – Mill Creek I have worked with the PECCDC (People Emergency Center community Development Center) in company with NAC (Neighborhood Advisory Committee). Additionally, I work with AARP and tutor throughout the community.
- David Pickett – Belmont David E Pickett is the President and co-founder of the West Belmont Civic Association. The West Belmont Civic Association was officially formed in June of 2015 but has been working in the neighborhood since the summer of 2014. David has lived in the Belmont Neighborhood of Philadelphia for the past 13 years and has been a Philadelphia resident for 26 years.
- Pastor Evon M. DeLee – Mill Creek Evon M. DeLee is a retired Administrator at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, author, and Senior Pastor of New Church down the Way Ministries where she leads her congregation in faith and power. The ministry is growing and making a great impact in the community. She is a teacher, preacher who believes in empowering people through education and revitalization.
- Ellen Tiberino – West Powelton Local Artist and activist that’s highly engaged in her community and currently works with the Community Education Center. She has successfully completed many community based art projects in West Philadelphia.
- Lisa Stewart – Mill Creek Currently, volunteers with the NAC and helps to distribute flyers and information for the PEC NAC. She is an active member of her church and is dedicated to her community.
- Sherry Jane E. Alindogan – Powelton Currently, volunteers with the NAC and helps to distribute flyers and information for the PEC NAC. She is an advocate for the homeless and immigrant population. She also volunteers at the PEC Food Cupboard.
- Thomas Blackwell – Powelton Public school teacher that has been involved in the community for many years – who recently launched his own not for profit community based organization.
- Deborah Smith – West Powelton Currently involved her neighborhood harvesting program at Dornsife. She is actively engaged in her community and support adult education initiatives throughout West Philadelphia.