Current Committee Members
[elected May 24, 2022]
- Lamont Twyne - Mantua, has been volunteering in his community for the past 33 years. He is a social entrepreneur that uses his staffing service to help residents gain employment. He is a Committeeman for the 24th Ward.
- Chris Burney - Mill Creek, is an active community member. He originally worked as a Community Connector for PEC and now leads his own Youth-based community programs in West Philadelphia. He is also a recording artist that uses his studio to help other artists in the community.
- Pamela Wells -- Saunders Park, Pamela ran for the NAS to help support her community, to get proper and complete leadership training, to get information and resources to benefit her neighbors who can’t get to all the meetings that happen. She is currently a member and treasurer of the Sloan Street Community Garden.
- Neva White – Saunders Park/Powelton, Neva wanted to join the NAS because she sees that her community is experiencing a tremendous amount of change and believes that it’s important to have individuals who live in the community at the table. She has previously served as a board member. Neva is a nurse practitioner. She launched a diabetes program that serves community member throughout the city.
- Rose Bryant – Mill Creek, is passionate about the neighborhood and children. She created a nonprofit organization called Rose's Club House. She is President of the tenant’s council within the Philadelphia Housing Authority.
- Hyden Terrell – Belmont, affiliated with Temple Carolyn B Irvin #123. She organized, participated or supported events such as coat drives, Easter Eggs hunts, school supply drives. Senior luncheons, flea markets and more. She is the Block Captain for the 4200 block of Ogden.
- Brenda Bailey – Belmont, Brenda works with the PECCDC (People Emergency Center Community Development Center) in company with NAC (Neighborhood Advisory Committee). Additionally, she works with AARP while being a tutor throughout the community. She currently serves as a volunteer with West Philadelphia Reading Captains under Global Citizen and Read by 4th grade.
- Pastor Evon M. DeLee – Mill Creek, Evon M. DeLee is a retired Administrator at GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, author, and Senior Pastor of New Church down the Way Ministries where she leads her congregation in faith and power. The ministry is growing and making a great impact in the community. She is a teacher, preacher who believes in empowering people through education and revitalization.
- Ellen Tiberino – West Powelton, Local Artist and activist that’s highly engaged in her community and currently works with the Community Education Center. She has successfully completed many community-based art projects in West Philadelphia.
- Lisa Stewart – Mill Creek, Currently, volunteers with the NAC and helps to distribute flyers and information for the PEC NAC. She is an active member of her church and is dedicated to her community.
- Thomas Blackwell – Powelton, has been involved in the community for many years – who recently launched his own not for profit community-based organization.
- Michael L. Cormany - Mill Creek, truly exemplifies a strong commitment to our neighborhood. He is a pillar of our community, committed to leading and serving with many projects and groups in addition to his work with People's Emergency Center.
- Diane Mills - Belmont, has been a resident in West Philadelphia for 4 years. She currently serves as one of the Co-Facilitators of West Philadelphia Reading Captains under Global Citizen and Read by 4th.Diane won The Community Celebrity Award in 2019 with Cabot Creamery Co-operative for her achievements and contribution to volunteering and making a significant change in her community.
Neighborhood Advisory Sub-Committee Alternates
- Rodney Babb – West Powelton, currently works as a Violence Intervention Program Coordinator at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center addressing community violence. He is an active community member and advocate.
- Theresa Clarke - West Powelton, dedicated community member and activist. She regularly volunteers with the PEC Food cupboard and is known for her neighborhood beautification projects.
- Rob Maliff – Powelton, currently a committee person in the 24th Ward/6th Division, a grave gardener at the Woodlands. He is also a new Block Captain.
For more information contact NAC Manager Kevin Brown
267-777-5820 or KevinB@pec-cares.org
PEC NAC is sponsored by Department of Planning and Development/Division of Housing and Community Development.